Friday, December 26, 2008

Trident Hotel Reopens, but How Do We Open Our Heart!

Today is Christmas. We opened the presents in the morning sitting near the Christmas tree and I have been thinking…., I have been thinking about the news I read yesterday about the Trident hotel reopening. It’s great news that the Mumbai attacks didn’t stop the hotel. But how about the people? How can we open our hearts to others, particularly those from different cultures, different religions and different races?

I don’t know about grown ups but I can only talk about my own experience. When a kid meets new friends they play and hang out together. They feel happy. If a kid looks different and he or she doesn’t fit in then they feel left out; usually the kid feels that the other kids are ignoring her and she is just a piece of air. Then the kid feels sad and angry. So I think ignoring someone is not good. We should reach out and talk. Then we may make new friends. That opens our heart and that sure feels good. So I hope we can open our hearts a little as we open the Mumbai hotels.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Priyanka,

    Hello! Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sonal Upreti and I work for The Times of India as senior copy editor. I am interested in doing a story about your venture. I would like to speak to all the people involved and good coverage may help us get more funds for the cause. My email is sonal.upreti@gmail.com

    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Sonal

    ReplyDelete