Friday, December 5, 2008

What We Plan to Do with the Funds We Raise

I came back from school today and saw so many mails and postings. Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it. So far we have raised about $20. Hopefully we will raise more and make a difference. Here is what our current plan is. We plan to offer these:

1. Direct aid to the families and kids of the Mumbai victims. 
2. We can probably also donate to the Cama hospital for Women and Children at Mumbai.

We probably need help from people in Mumbai to make sure that the help reaches the right people. I searched the Internet for charity organizations that are active in Mumbai and found this link:


Do you have any suggestions? We really need your help in identifying the best way to spend the money we raise. My Dad told me to post a list of all the donations at our website. You can find it by following the link at the bottom of the web page. We will together raise the money and decide how to spend it based on everybody's input. If you have any suggestions then please send me an email  or post a note in the blog. Thank you! 

-- Priyanka

2 comments:

  1. I have lived all my life in India and have worked for the non-profit sector for 7 years. Most big charities there have huge administrativbe costs hence we should think of directly supporting affected people. In fact direct support for children would be the ebst. I heard about this kid who got orphaned , his father was a security guard at one of the hotels and his mom had dies 2 months back. Why don't we try to find that kid and maybe pay his school fees for a year. he is currently living with his grandparents.
    If anyone in Mumbai could help us locate that kid it would be great. Once we know who this kid is I can arrange for the funds to go to his school directly.

    Do let me know what you think of this- u can reply to me on singhpriyanka@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Ms. Singh. This is a wonderful idea! We would love to help him. Please let us know if you can find out more information about him. If anyone else can help us finding this kid then I will apprecaite that.

    Thank you.

    Priyanka

    ReplyDelete