Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Quick Update

Thought of giving you a quick update before I head out for the school bus. Here is a summary of things that are happening:

1. We contacted Bombay Community Public Trust. This is a Mumbai-based organization. I got a mail from Ms. Dinaz Parab of BCPT this morning. They are in the process of contacting the victims' families and identifying their needs. They will compile this information within the next few days. 

2. We have contacted the Taj and Oberoi hotels (thanks to Ms. Singh) and sought their input.

3. We are also in touch with several people from the schools in Mumbai regarding this.  Thanks to my Mr. Das and my Dad.

4. My Dad is also going to get in touch with several groups of folks from Mumbai. Thanks to Ms. Shankharupa for her e-mail.

I will keep you posted. Please let me know your thoughts. We created a mailing list to keep you informed about how this is shaping up. 

As always, thanks a lot for the help. Please spread the word and we will make a difference. We will not stop until every dollar we raise reaches the victims' family.

---Priyanka

No comments:

Post a Comment