Sunday, December 7, 2008

No Matter Who You Are

Yesterday we had our first snow. We also set up the reindeer and the lights in the frontyard. While I was doing that I have been thinking about why the terrorists have done this. Why do people hate other people because of religion? I always like the Christmas time of the year. I like the Christmas carols and the decorations; I also like the Durga puja and Diwali. My Dad tells me that when he was a kid he had many Muslim friends in India and he used to go for the feast during Eid and many other festivals. I also have a friend in the school who is Muslim. I have many Jewish friends. We may do different things in different religions. But why do we need to hate each other because of that? Why can't we celebrate all of them? I wonder....What I'm saying here is that no matter who you are and how different we look, we all are same inside, right?

--Priyanka

2 comments:

  1. Hello Priyanka,

    Just checked out your site and I must say it's a great initiative.

    I would like to support you for this cause. I run a popular youth group blog called HarryJerry.com

    I'd like to post an interview along with links and info about your initiative.

    Please contact me asap on harryjerry21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mr. Harry,

    Thanks for your support. I appreciate your interest to interview me.

    I am just a kid and it is really not about myself. There are so many wonderful people who are helping this effort. However, if you think that talking to me will help the cause then I can do so as long as it is okay with my parents. I will talk to them and get back to you.

    Thanks,

    Priyanka

    ReplyDelete