Sunday, March 8, 2009

Everyone Is Special, Even Marty Is....

I wanted to post this for a while. I fell sick with fever and it slowed me down a little. It is about the movie Madagascar I saw recently.

Few weeks ago my whole grade had a presentation on different countries around the world. My group was researching South Korea. All the parents were there. While watching the other presentations I was thinking that every country in the world is special and everyone should also feel special in the same way; we all have something special and often we don't even think about that. A few days ago I watched the movie called Madagascar-II along with my mom and dad. The main characters are Marty the zebra, Alex the lion, Melman the giraffe and, Gloria who is a hippopotamus. All of them go to Africa. In one part in the movie, Marty finds a bunch of zebras and they look exactly like him. So when Marty showed them all his tricks that he could do and thought that he was unique, the other zebras could do also them at first try. Then Marty thought that he wasn’t unique anymore and in fact he thought there was nothing special about him. So his friend, Alex found something unique, special about him, he said that he was white with black stripes and the other zebras were black with white stripes. I thought that was so nice. Just looking at things in a different way can make us feel you so special and that makes us happy.


On a different note, we are almost there in terms of our fund raising. We will send the funds to Childline India soon. My dad has sent out the paper-work to them. I also wanted to let you know that Mr. Malineni, the coordinator of the Portland Peace Vigil sent me a note with kind words. Here is a link to a video of their vigil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQbJ-4g2QI

--Priyanka

No comments:

Post a Comment